Standard Flyer Size for Print Press
The most popular standard flyer size for printing are 4″ x 6″ and 8.5″ x 11″. Each of them has its advantages and its bad side. We will explain why people often go with these sizes when any print store currently offers over 20 different sizes of flyers for printing.
Flyers in 4″ x 6″ (Postcard Size)
The 4″ x 6″ flyer is our best selling size for a couple of reasons:
- Cheaper to print
- Easier to hand out
- No need to fold
- Faster to design
- Right to point when people grab one
- Shipping costs are cheaper too
- Some mailing services require this size
- Faster to design and to print
Among many other reasons. But we believe these are the main ones on why people rather order 4″ x 6″ over the 8.5″ x 11″ sizes.
Flyers in 8.5″ x 11″ (Letter Size)
Why people avoid ordering Big Letter size flyers:
- Expensive to print and ship
- Don’t grab as much reading attention as a smaller, straight to the point marketing material
- Harder to design
- Once handed out to a prospective client, it’s hard to keep in pockets or wallet as it is too big for ease of carrying.
When ordering a Letter Size Flyers, it is obvious that a lot more work and information will be carried in it. Sometimes, people are lazy to read a big chunk of text, this is why we encourage to keep the design light of text and rich in images and straight to the point with the message or promotion.
We see the same situation when people order postcards. They usually tend to go for smaller/practical versions of their design, rather than a full-size page. Even when the design has already been made, we get asked to reduce the size and remove additional text to make the flyer fit into a smaller and nicer ad.